Free events and free things are not only for incoming students, but for everyone. There are many fun and interesting ways to enjoy New Orleans that don’t cost a thing!BONUS FREEBIE: We have a free Night’s Stay at the New Orleans’ Grand Victorian Bed and Breakfast: BUY TWO NIGHTS & GET THE THIRD NIGHT FREE. Offer expires Sept. 27, 2012. Check our Online Reservations Book and select your dates now for one last summer vacation!
1. Historic Cemetary: Lafayette Cemetary is the city’s first planned cemetary and has been in use since 1833. Two blocks from our New Orleans Bed and Breakfast, you can wander among the historic tombs and trees during the day for free.
2. Mississippi River: Catch the Free Algiers Ferry at the end of Canal Street next to the Aquarium for your own “riverboat” ride across the mighty Mississippi to the colorful neighborhood of Algiers. One of the best views of the French Quarter awaits you from the opposite shore.
3. Sculpture Garden: Accessible by streetcar and next to the New Orleans Museum of Art at City Park, is the Sidney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden. It features a serene walk amid the sculptures, you might even spy a yoga class. On Wednesdays, entrance to the Museum is also free.
4. Brewery Tour: Every Friday afternoons, the local beer brewery, NOLA Brewing has free tours starting at 2pm. Great way to kick off the weekend.
5. Jazz, Brass and Funk: Several hot spots in the French Quarter and the Faubourg Marigny offer free music that you can enjoy as you stroll the streets or stop in to have a good long listen.