Widely hailed as one of the most romantic, charming, and exciting cities, a New Orleans honeymoon will be packed with memories to last a lifetime. You can live it up at some of the world’s finest restaurants and craft cocktail bars. You can also relax and immerse yourself in historic neighborhoods, peek into secret garden courtyards, and let the beauty of the city take you to new places.
Whatever your honeymoon style, New Orleans will delight and restore you. The Grand Victorian Bed & Breakfast, in the heart of the beautiful Garden District and a quick streetcar ride to the excitement of the French Quarter. Check out some of our can’t miss suggestions for an itinerary to help you make the most of the balmy nights and slow jazz rhythm of the city that never sleeps.
1. In the French Quarter, go for a romantic stroll among the shops and galleries. Enjoy lunch at a small bistro and watch the city drift by from the deck of a riverboat gliding up the Mississippi River.
2. Enjoy a candlelight dinner for two then leads to a stroll through the city’s Jazz clubs. Don’t forget to end the night with a late night order of beignets at Cafe DuMonde.
3. Garden District delights that are within walking distance of the Grand Victorian include romantic strolls among the historic mansions and beautiful gardens and funky shops nestled in with world class restaurants of Magazine Street.
4. Explore some of the colorful neighborhoods like the Marigny and Bywater on bicycle, and learn about the history and culture from locals offering tours. Try some of the smaller restaurants and get tips from locals on where the best dancing happens.
5. Head out to City Park for a picnic among the secluded oak trees. Pose for a picture at the LOVE statue in the Sculpture Garden. Try a sunset ride in a gondola at City Park or drift down Bayou St. John on a paddle board or kayak.
Whatever you decide to do, a New Orleans honeymoon at our beautiful Garden District bed and breakfast will be funky, romantic and unique!
We are also a romantic location for New Orleans elopements and small weddings. Click here to check out these 10 Details of a Vintage Wedding featuring the Grand Victorian.